Community Liaison Groups
The Viking Link project has convened Community Liaison Groups (CLGs) to provide the local community with a forum for discussion, information exchange and feedback relating to the construction phase of the project.
This forum will also allow Viking Link and its contractors to keep the local community and interested parties informed about the progress of the project, provide advance notice of key events and answer issues and questions raised by the community.
The local community is defined as people living:
- in the vicinity of the landfall site
- close to the interconnector cable route
- alongside the converter station and Bicker substation
The CLGs have been divided into four geographically split groups:
- Group 1 - Landfall site to where the cable passes the A16 at Ulceby Cross
- Group 2 – Cable route from Ulceby Cross to East Kirkby
- Group 3 – Cable route from East Kirkby to Gipsey Bridge
- Group 4 – Cable route from Gipsey Bridge to the converter station site
The membership of the CLGs is by invitation only and includes:
- Local authority officers and members
- County Council officers and members
- Affected parish councils
- Internal Drainage Boards
- Relevant community or residents’ groups
- Viking Link representatives
- Contractor representatives
- Other third-party groups – i.e. Environmental, wildlife, etc.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the CLGs are currently being held as a combined group via an online meeting platform. Once it is safe to do so, our intention is to host individual face-to-face meetings at local venues within the relevant CLG group areas.
The inaugural meeting was held on 1st October 2020 and was attended by 15 community representatives. Going forward, our intention is to host meetings every 4-6 months. A copy of the presentation material and minutes from each CLG will be published on this page.
If you have any questions about the CLGs, please contact us on 0800 731 0561 or by email at [email protected]